Let me start off by saying this is NOT my own tactical work, but work by Chriss Ross, who uses the forum-handle Chrissy and whom you can follow on Twitter @Chrissy_Ross_. Chrissy has gratiously revamped my tactic and turned it into a more defensively stable formation, which looks like this.
– Box-to-box midfielders’s for both central midfielder positions.
– Central defender’s are both ball-playing defender’s with one stopping, one on cover. Sacrificed offside-trap as a result.
– Half-Back is now a Regista, to spray balls to all the attacking players like a quarterback.
– Low tempo, possession focused. Very rigid due to the roles in play and very disciplined.
– Control setting in place of Counter.
– Set Piece tweaks to make the most of corners.